Saturday, February 26, 2011

Assignment 3 Revisit

Very quick post here. For our Zodiac assignments, we had to do a final that was the characters coloured and I wasn't aware of that, so I didn't... But I went back and worked on it a bit in between my other projects and here's a coloured version of Ram and Mar:


Ram here is very simple, mainly due to him being a shadow, but I also made him a bit smokey-er here. Mar is also clothed in yellows because the Ram's colour is yellow.

The idea of using textures as base colours came from an anime called Gankutsuou (がんくつおう): The Count of Monte Cristo. I haven't seen much of the anime (only and episode or two), but it's based very loosely off the novel of the same name.

In the show, they do something similar, as seen here:



Mine of course isn't as detailed, but being as Mar is a simple creature (and the entire idea I guess is supposed to be uhm... "simple") I didn't want it as detailed and flashy as in The Count.

But yeah, that's the coloured version - just needed to post it before I forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment