Friday, February 25, 2011

Assignment 5

Okie dokie... Assignment 5 time. I don't think this post will be as long as my previous ones mainly to due to how fast I finished this assignment and how tired/out of it I am at the moment. I just have to get this thing posted before I forget, because... I'm out of it.

Anyway, for this assignment we had to take our favourite superhero/villian and make them either extremely old or extremely young and then do three outfit turnarounds for them as well as an action pose. Or later we also got the option of doing our own hero/villian and doing the same thing (I do believe) and at two different ages. I did the original assignment, because I was cool with that.

For my hero, I did Iron Man, because I really like Robert Downey Jr. I'll say it - I have no problem sitting around looking at photos of Robert Downey Jr. That is just soooooo fine and okay with me. Yup. Just fine, just fine.

Anyway, yea, like always, I went and found references of Iron Man/Robert Downey Jr and here's said reference sheet:


Some of those were found on Google and stuff, but most (along with many many more : ) ) I got from here: http://robert-downeyjr.net/gallery/index.php, a lovely RDJ photo gallery website that I enjoy very very much. Haha

Now, for this project, I decided to turn Iron Man/Tony Stark (lol, first time I typed Sark instead of Stark - that's funny because a character from the original TRON's name was Sark.... ANYWAY) into a little kid/baby/toddler. I did consider the other end of the spectrum, but I don't really like drawing older people. I don't really like drawing super little kids either, so you know... it was going to be a bit different for me either way that I sliced it.

I had found Old Man Iron Man pictures online too, though you could also argue that some chibi Iron Man photos look like little children and such, but... eh.... yeah. Now I'm getting off topic. Anywho, carrying on.

Here's the outfits I did up for him:


I of course did the Iron Man suit (this one being the Mark V) along with a few of Tony Starks outfits from the films (my main reference - remember: Robert Downey Jr). I did his leather jacket outfit thing from when he visits Rhodes at the Air Force Hanger after he returns from captivity (Iron Man), his business suit from his initial presentation of his Jericho missiles before he was captured by the terrorists and made the Mark I suit (Iron Man I), an outfit based off his general workshop attire (Iron Man I and Iron Man II) and then his racing suit from when he was in Monaco (Iron Man II).

I know I was only supposed to do three but you know: Robert Downey Jr. I could have easily gone on and done like... the other Iron Man suit designs (you know, like the Mark I and the Suitcase suit from Monaco) and like... Tony Starks 80 bazillion others suits and outfits he wears through the films. However, I didn't, because... I didn't have to and had other things to do, though I might go back to it later or something...

Now for the action pose, I did this:


This is similar to the promotion art of Iron Man for the first film, but you know, featuring Iron Baby. This pose also seems to be very popular in Iron Man images in my opinion (the landing, cracked ground, kickbutt look at the camera thing) besides the typical images of him flying or pointing his ready-to-fire repulsor glove at the camera, so you know, good representation of him.

I had issues creating that smokey look on the photo, but was glad I pulled it off.

But yeah, anyway... uhm... Baby Iron Man... Or Iron Baby, because that's a funnier name. Yeah... Iron Baby.  

Yeah...

Anyway, enjoy and find these two image as amusing as I did (these are NOT MINE)


No comments:

Post a Comment